Getting some sun is one of the best summertime pleasures. It increases our energy and vigor, among many other positive effects, and aids in the production of vitamin D in our bodies. However, if the proper safeguards are not taken, the sun’s rays could seriously harm the skin.
Here are some tips for being safe while taking advantage of the sun:
- Avoid the sun’s UV rays between the hours of 10 AM and 4 PM when it is at its brightest.
- Apply sunscreen with a factor of at least 15 at least 30 minutes before going outside. Apply again every two hours, if possible.
- You might forget to put sunscreen on your shoulders, neck, and toe tips, among other places.
- Use sunscreen even when it’s overcast outside.
- To avoid staining your skin, stay away from any fragrances or other items that contain alcohol.
- Drink a lot of water and moisturize your skin to prevent dry skin.
If you adhere to these guidelines, you will be able to thoroughly appreciate your summer!
Source: Backstory Contents